Usually, fish burger recipe have seemed like bad shit. This may be so because the ones that I have dared to buy in the supermarket or consume in a restaurant/cafeteria / modern concept carry everything except fish; how curious, right?
Most of the non-homemade fish burger recipe I have tried has turned out to be a dense conglomerate with no sea flavor that had no gastronomic value other than what can be read everywhere: the way your child will eat fish without complaining. Having said all the above and assuming that tartare, ceviches, tiraditos, and sashimis are the order of the day, I do not understand how we do not more often turn them into succulent and juicy hot burgers that, between a good bread, can be a fast good as the canons send.
By pre-freezing the fish, which the anisakis live among us and we have to face serious, we can turn the popular hack into a graceful hamburger accompanied by a good tartar sauce -which we could always substitute for the spicy white sauce from Ikea “Sas Pepparrot ” of which many of us are fans- quality lettuce and some other vegetable such as canned white asparagus, enjoy the simple pleasure of opening a can). But we can also do it with salmon, tuna, tuna, sea bass, sea bream or sea bass, always mincing them by hand, providing a seasoning that makes them happy and helping us with a little egg to amalgamate the whole although, if we have careful, we can even do without it. When you make fish burgers like this you will want to repeat them many times, and the children too; they are small but not dumb.
|Whitefish (the one you like the most)||600 g|
|Medium Onion||1 piece|
|Fresh parsley||Extra virgin|
|Salt and freshly ground white pepper (to taste from home)|
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 slices of natural tomato
- Arugula or lettuce (the variety that you like the most)
- Accompany with a little mayonnaise
How to make a fish burger. The burgers are not just for meat, we can also do them in recipes with fish, which are rich, I assure you.
A healthy dish for all the nutritional properties that fish gives us and a real ‘secret weapon’ to make the little ones in the house eat fish. They are not able to resist the word ‘ hamburger ‘.
For this fish burger recipe I have chosen white fish, and specifically, whiting, which was very well priced at the fishmonger. You could make them with other white fish such as hake, sea bass, monkfish, etc.
These fish burgers are very simple to make. Then at the table, you can present them separately accompanied by a salad and/or sauce.
You can also make it gourmet style with the ingredients that we like the most. It is perfect for the little ones but also for house moms and dads. You will see how you have no problems with your children and some older ones, eat fish for dinner.
Preparation of the fish burger recipe
- We start by separating the meat from the fish, removing the skin and bones.
- It is important to crumble it with your hands to check that there are no spines. So then we can eat the hamburger with absolute peace of mind.
- Once crumbled, we chop it even more with a sharp knife. We reserved it in a bowl.
- Finely chop the garlic and parsley. Peel the onion and chop into small ‘brunoise’.
- In a frying pan with a sheet of extra virgin olive oil, we poach the onion over medium heat.
- Salt slightly. Add the garlic and continue cooking, for a total of 10 minutes, until the onion is soft. We remove and drain the oil.
- In the bowl with the fish, add the onion, garlic and parsley. We stir and mix with a fork or with our hands.
- A process similar to when we make meatballs, we add an egg and the grated, mixing everything well until we achieve a homogeneous dough that does not remain consistent.
- If necessary, we add more breadcrumbs to give it the necessary texture.
- With our hands, we are making 4 balls of the same size, which will give us a hamburger per person.
- On a plate, we flatten with our hands and we give them a rounded shape, just like a meat burger.
- To make the task easier, you can use a round plating ring to shape it.
- In a non-stick frying pan, with a little olive oil, cook the hamburgers round and round. For a couple of minutes on each side, until golden brown.
- We remove and make the assembly with the hamburger bun.
- On the slice of bread, put the fish on top, and serve with a slice of natural tomato and arugula. We finish by placing the top cover of the bread.
- These burgers could use a white sauce, I recommend adding a touch of mayonnaise on top of the fish . That touch of mayonnaise and garlic goes great with the fish on the burger.
Do the test at home and you will see how you succeed with this recipe. If you have children that day there will be a party and they will be eating fish almost without realizing it.
You can see all the photos of the fish burger step by step in this album. Do not miss any detail and it will be perfect.